Introduction to AS coursework

My name is Ela and my candidate number is 9426. The other members of my group are Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Godgift Emesi (candidate number 9044). We are group number 3.

To access my work, please click on the labels on the right, entitled 'AS Research and Planning', 'AS Construction', 'AS Evaluation' and 'AS Preliminary Task' and ignore the rest that is classwork.

My Film Opening Sequence (Group 3: Ela, Gift, Amber) (New Guy)


My Film Opening Sequence (Group 3: Ela, Gift, Amber) (New Guy)

Thursday 12 March 2015

Construction Post 9: My technical learning curve (production and post-production)

Each of us contributed to every aspect of production and post-production. For the test shoots and main shoots, I was mostly responsible for camera work and organising set design, props and costume. In order to complete our edit efficiently and to the best of our abilities, we worked both individually and as a group to come up with more creative ideas.

Setting up camera equipment after having designed the set:

After the Prelim, I knew how to use Premiere Pro in order to cut down shots and show continuity. However, the project has largely improved my skills in grading and adding other effects (audio, music, voiceover). I learnt much more from editing in particular, as we had a very limited time to complete our final edit, therefore we had to work quickly and adapt our ideas throughout. Watching YouTube tutorials on how to edit the footage made it much easier to use Premiere Pro despite having little confidence at the beginning of Edit Week 1. I learnt how to record and add soundtrack to the sequence during Edit Week 2, which I had no prior experience of from the Prelim. However, I would have liked to have been more involved in sorting out audio effects more.

Colour correcting and grading tutorial:

To alter colour tints, drag the mouse from the centre of the wheel away from the unwanted colour of the shot:

Gift and I creating titles to add to our sequence

Recording voiceovers for the opening shot

Furthermore, the filming process taught me a lot about managing a shoot involving several actors and working together as a team to show leadership. It has been useful to recognise the importance of planning shoots well in advance, and sticking to a shoot/edit schedule and group meetings in order to complete work in time. Some of the shots we had planned were much more difficult to film in practice, therefore prior test shoots and rehearsals were crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment