Introduction to AS coursework

My name is Ela and my candidate number is 9426. The other members of my group are Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Godgift Emesi (candidate number 9044). We are group number 3.

To access my work, please click on the labels on the right, entitled 'AS Research and Planning', 'AS Construction', 'AS Evaluation' and 'AS Preliminary Task' and ignore the rest that is classwork.

My Film Opening Sequence (Group 3: Ela, Gift, Amber) (New Guy)


My Film Opening Sequence (Group 3: Ela, Gift, Amber) (New Guy)

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the Edit Sessions

In terms of editing, I enjoyed working individually and as a team in choosing the best footage, cutting the shots down, and adding sound effects and titles.

During Edit Week 2, I chose the font for our titles which connote the genre well in my opinion. I made a list of several options for fonts that were appropriate, which we narrowed down once we had discussed as a group which font was the most suitable for our target audience.

I also graded some shots including the corridor tracking shot (by lowering the brightness, and increasing the contrast and saturation) to make the shots more compelling and eye-catching. As a group we completed grading the first scenes and checking that the colour tints were similar throughout. I also organised the shots into folders to make it quicker and easier to locate the best footage. Amber and I created the logo for our production company (EGA) using Photoshop.

EGA Production Company logo

Gift and I choosing fonts for our titles


 Creating the titles (including changing the style/effects/timing of titles)

I enjoyed learning to grade individual shots and cutting down footage to produce a finished sequence. The post-production stage has significantly improved my editing skills, however I would have liked to have done more in editing the voiceovers and sound effects. I am much more confident in getting on with the project as I have learnt many more technical skills in Premiere Pro (such as using the three-way colour corrector and producing the split-screen effect). Although, some areas to improve would be checking shots to make sure of continuity issues and cutting down the shots to better timings.

Before/after examples of grading:


We had to make sure we changed the colour of each shot equally so that they matched throughout the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment